Monday, September 15, 2008

Horray for 5 Weeks

Today I am 5 weeks pregnant. Just one week closer to the end. I feel better and more excited as each week progresses without issue or complications. Though it seems like time is ticking by so slowly. I'm sure I'll look back thinking differently about my concept of time passing.

Nausea crept up on me today. It was one of those, I'm getting kind-of hungry and I better eat something or I'll be sick... but even after I eat the nausea still lingers. Oh well. It's another good sign that things are going the way they are supposed to.

And for fun, my baby is the size of an apple seed! here's what the Nest (er, the "Bump" now I guess) says about our baby's progress this week:
Your embryo (looking kind of like a tadpole) is starting to form major organs (heart, kidney, liver, stomach) and systems (nervous, circulatory, digestive). Baby's presence in your uterus triggers production of hCG (the hormone detected by pregnancy tests)... which triggers production of other hormones like estrogen and progesterone... which trigger all those great symptoms you've probably been noticing!

No comments: