Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Have Appointment Today

I was supposed to have an appointment last week, but doctor was pulled into an emergency and I had to be rescheduled. I know these things happen, but I had been sitting in the waiting room for 40 minutes when they finally told me.

I was a bit miffed at the time. Partly because of the time wasted. But mainly because it had been 4 weeks since I saw the doctor last, and now I'm on to 5 weeks since. And mainly I am concerned about the Gestational Diabetes and wonder if I should be monitored closer.

I am really concerned how my doctor seems almost too laid back about it. Especially when I talk to my mother (a midwife) who informs me that their desired blood sugar numbers are much lower than what my doctor said. I am really worried about growing a big baby. I want to totally avoid a c-section if I can, and that means no big baby. Plus my numbers are getting a little harder to control with the diet.

I'm almost convinced that I will be put on medication today, and I am ok with that. I think I will feel better. But we shall see what the doctor says today.

28 Weeks 2 Days

No comments: