Wednesday, May 28, 2008

To Cut or Not to Cut

I love me some caffeine. My morning cup of coffee has become my normal weekday routine now. I wasn't always like that. It has been only in the last 6-8 months that I started regularly drinking coffee, other than the occasional trip to Starbucks. Then I asked for a coffee maker for Christmas. I got one of those wonderful Keurig coffee makers with those fun little "k-cups" that makes a single cup of coffee at a time. Now it's a habit.

Now that we are embarking on an adventure into baby-land I am starting to think that I may need to cut this new habit that I've started. I've read and read all sorts of opinions, and even asked my midwife mom, but haven't come up with a consistent answer.

So should I cut it out now before I become pregnant? Or wait until I see two lines on that test? Or should I even cut out the caffeine at all, pregnant or not? I am only drinking about 1 cup of coffee a day, and maybe have an occasional diet soda (to which Mr H2O hates). And some places say that caffeine moderation is ok, so one cup won't hurt.

It seems to be a controvercial subject. I'm not sure which side of the debate I'm on. But I'm leaning towards getting my morning fix until I see those two BFP lines.

No comments: