Monday, May 26, 2008

I Must Stop Reading The Scary Stuff

Some of the my faborite blogs the I like to follow lately are the ones regarding pregnancy/fertility/ttc. I especially love the honest ones that tells it to you like it is. They talk about the real stuff "they" (they = moms/doctors/the rest of the world) don't tell you. Yes, I'm baby obsessed. It is part of my sickness.

Well some of these great funny ladies have recently had their babies. Their birth stories can sound scary enough, but I have come to expect that. Births can have all sorts of twists and turns and it of course is painful. But now I'm reading about the joys of post-partum... now that is scaring the crap out of me. The bleeding, the stitches, the swelling, the pain, the catheters, etc. This is the stuf they seriously don't tell you. It must be the "mom-nesia" that everyone talks about that makes them forget all the crappy stuff that happens afterwards.

I seriously need to stop reading all this before it changes my mind.

No comments: